2 ½ cup warm rice
2 tablespoon cod roe or tarako
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1-2 tablespoon soy sauce
- In a medium bowl, mix the warm rice and cod roe until well combined.
- Divide the rice into 4 equal parts.
- Lightly wet your hands and take one portion of the rice mixture to form a triangular shape. Repeat this process until you have 4 onigiri.
- Heat the butter in a small pan over medium heat and evenly coat the pan. Place the onigiri into the pan and cook until all sides have a lightly golden brown crust. Avoid flipping them too frequently or quickly to prevent them from breaking into pieces.
- Once toasted, lower the heat to medium-low and brush all sides with soy sauce. Cook the onigiri once more until all sides form another layer of crust.
- Serve your onigiri wrapped in nori seaweed and enjoy.