HOW TO MAKE RICE WITH BINCHOTAN
1. Clean your binchotan stick by thoroughly scrubbing it. Do not use soap, as trace detergents will contaminate your food.
2. Add binchotan to a pot with water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and boil for 10 minutes on low.
3. After boiling, put your binchotan in a colander and let it cool.
4. While it's cooling, prepare your rice by washing it gently and add the proper amount of water.
5. Rice prepared, add a 4-inch stick of binchotan to your rice cooker and cook as normal.
6. The binchotan will absorb bad flavors while your rice cooks and add essential nutrients, meaning the finished product will be more delicious! It also helps reduce odor and oxidation, so keep your binchotan in the rice cooker while there's rice in there.