1. Cover a bamboo rolling mat with plastic wrap.
2. Cut nori sheets in half crosswise. Lay 1 sheet of nori, shiny side down, on the plastic covered mat.
3. Wet your fingers with water and spread about 1/2 cup of the rice evenly onto the nori.
4. Sprinkle the rice with sesame seeds. Turn the sheet of nori over so that the rice side is down.
5. Place avocado and crab sticks in the center of the sheet.
6. Grab the edge of the mat closest to you, keeping the fillings in place with your fingers, and roll it into a tight cylinder, using the mat to shape the cylinder.
7. Pull away the mat and set aside. Cover with a damp cloth.
8. Cut each roll into 6 pieces with web bread knife.
9. Serve with pickled ginger, wasabi and soy sauce.