Edamame is a great way to add volume to your onigiri. We paired it with hijiki, a kind of seaweed, for a salty bite. Would you try this onigiri?
2 ½ cup warm cooked rice ½ cup edamame ⅓ cup hijiki seaweed 2 ½ teaspoon memmi Salt, to taste
1. Prepare the dried hijiki according to the package instructions.
2. Cook about half the package of edamame according to the package instructions and set it aside. Once cooled, remove the soybeans from their pods and measure out ½ cup.
3. In a medium bowl, mix the warm cooked rice, edamame, hijiki, memmi, and salt until well combined. 4. Divide the rice into 4 equal parts.
5. Lightly wet your hands and take one portion of the rice mixture to form a triangular shape. Repeat this process until you have 4 onigiri.
6. Serve your onigiri wrapped in nori seaweed and enjoy.